That’s great news for everyone, from Anderson Cooper addicts to Rick and Morty binge-watchers, and everything in between. Now you can also get breaking news from CNN, watch cable’s #1 new drama series The Alienist on TNT, catch up on TBS’s hit comedy series The Detour, check out the popular kids series Teen Titans Go!, and enjoy the new season of truTV’s Impractical Jokers – all included now with your YouTube TV membership.
For sports lovers in particular, we’ve got you covered: you now have access to March Madness and you can watch nationally televised NBA games, NBA All-Star weekend, NBA Playoff games, MLB Postseason games, the PGA Championship and soccer from the UEFA Champions League.
But wait, there’s more! We’re thrilled to announce that we’re soon adding NBA TV, the league’s 24-hour network, and MLB Network, Major League Baseball’s award-winning 24/7 TV network, to the YouTube TV base package. And in the coming months, you’ll also be able to watch NBA League Pass, the league’s premium out-of-market live game service, or MLB.TV, the longest running sports streaming service in the U.S., for an extra fee. Game on!
It would break our hearts for you to miss out on the action, so in the coming weeks, YouTube TV is also expanding to all top 100 U.S. markets! While we started out in just five markets and expanded to over 80 from there, we’re thrilled to announce that we are taking YouTube TV to over 85 percent of U.S. households, with the most live local broadcast stations in markets where YouTube TV is available. New markets include: Lexington, Dayton, Honolulu, Richmond, Mobile, and Syracuse. Check out here if YouTube TV is available in your city.
We will be increasing our price to $40/month on March 13 for new members. However, if you are already a member or sign up before March 13, we are keeping your original price of $35/month.
YouTube TV offers cable-free live TV through a simple and easy experience that’s built from the ground up for the 21st century. It includes:
- Over 50 networks, including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, plus popular cable networks like TNT, TBS, CNN, ESPN, AMC, and FX, and local sports networks from NBC Sports, FOX Sports, and NESN in select markets.
- Ability to watch on any screen – mobile, tablet or computer – and easily streamed to your TV with apps built for Roku (new!), Apple TV (new!), Xbox One, Android TVs and Samsung and LG 2016 and 2017 smart TVs; and Chromecast, Chromecast built-in TVs, and AirPlay through Apple TV.
- A cloud DVR, with no storage space limits that travels with you within the United States so you can stream recordings on any device, whenever and wherever you want. It enables you to record live TV and never run out of storage space, plus record shows simultaneously, without using precious data or space on your phone. Your programs are stored for nine months.
- Six accounts per household, each with its own unique recommendations and personal DVR with no storage space limits.
- Half the cost of cable with zero commitments. A YouTube TV membership is only $35 a month (if you sign up before March 13) and there are no commitments – you can cancel anytime.
So hop on the couch with us, fire up the TV remote and let’s celebrate the best way to watch cable-free live TV together. Happy Valentine’s Day, YouTube TV members! We’re having so much fun in our new relationship and are committed to making YouTube TV the live TV experience you’ve been waiting for. And if you are not a member, remember to join by March 13 to experience the new live TV service everyone’s talking about for only $35/month.
What can we say, YouTube TV is a cheap date 🙂 Enjoy the game!
Posted by Heather Moosnick, Director of Content Partnerships, YouTube TV, who will be rooting for Team Curry #30 this Sunday in the NBA All-Star Game on TNT live on YouTube TV.